Thursday, July 16, 2009

GetSmart Get Revolutionised

I was going to write this when I got home (two days) but I figured it was best to post it asap so that i would have fresh memory of everything.

Where on earth do I start? my my what a massive few days it has been, getting up 5:30on the Monday (13-07-09) to catch my flight, getting to the car in christchurch only to spend half an hour defrosting it (didn't know blocks of ice could get a warrant.)
Spent the day at university with my friends (I even went to two lectures, one involving a dog, and the other batman!) and then the first night at Get Smart youth conference 2009. Now I hate to be the one that needs a conference for God to speak to me, and I say that we should all be in preayer and petition with him everyday anyway. However I also note the importance of God wanting to speak through people to a group of youth with expectant hearts, hearts of willingness to surrender to God's will. Now after 3 days and 4 nights of getsmart here is a basic sum up of the events.

I have seen... incredible worship and I put a pause in there because there is no way to describe the worship, it was as though God (allthough he was already there) came down and touched us with his heart, his glory and as if we were totally in awe of his splendour and might. so much so that the noise of everything simply became a way of expressing how worthy he is of every ounce of energy we can give him. Just as David danced with ALL his might, so should we.

Live's changed, now this comes into so many arenas, firstly I would have to mention the emotional change in peoples lives, the emotional healing of God coming into their situation and completely freeing them of all restrictions. not only that but the faith of these youth as they praised God despite everything that was going on in their lives, praised him despite the hurt and pain they were enduring. Not only this but physical healing also, to see (once again) people healed of physical pain that was holding them down, taunting them is a thing like no other. Not only that but since doing my studies this year I am starting to strongly believe that healings, prophecy, words of knowledge and every other gift from God is NOT for the person behind the pulpit and this conference affirmed that theological truth when the pastor healed two young girls and then asked them to heal others, and they did. Trough all of this healing there is northing less than great empowerment and inspiration coming through the holy spirit, changing peoples lives to tell them to not hold back but to speak the word in their heart, not to wait for the thunder and lightning but to use what is in their hand (given to them from God) to pour out onto others lives.

I feel so overwhelmed to talk about these events as really I would have to write a whole book just to tell of God's power and annointing on this conference. Anyway now to the more personal side. It would seem that even though I entered this conference thinking that 'I'm outta school and won't get as much out of this as I did last year' God would soon enough slap me in the face and tell me to wake up. As I mentioned he spoke this and slapped me through other people bringing his word. For the whole of this year and since I left school I have been saying "ok God I'm available now, what do you want to do with my life?" thats not to say I wasn't trying to make myself available beforehand.. but.. well you get my point. And since I have been doing this it means I have not 'actively' been pursuing what God has in store for me, rather; I have been putting what I call 'trust' in God to speak to me and to guide me on his path's. But just as Moses was aked "whats in your hand?" it seems God has not so subtly asked me that these last few days. So long I have been waiting for God to give me something to work with and forgetting that I already have been given so much by him to work with, and that's what is in my hand.

I now have a dream For this year to accomplish and plan to get straight to it when i get back into the motion of everything in Wellington. At the moment its between me and the big fella but I know its a dream from him for several reasons of which is also between me and him. More than anything right now I need to hear a vision statement from God for this dream so that I can align it with his vision, and i'm not going to sit and wait for it this time, i'm going to ask him about it (prayer) and i'm going to search for it (Word.)

It seems the other main thing God has been prompting me about is Evangelism, and that it doesn't need to be scary, or a big deal about getting the person saved. But its more about me playing my role in that persons walk with God. I have been studying evangelism for my study, and reading enough about it, and hearing enough sermons on it that is feels as if God is saying "you're equipped now get a move on"

I don't know where to begin with prayer, but I can say that God has nudged me AGAIN on it, and I feel rather pitiful that he has had to do it so many times before I took him seriously and took action on it.

Oh the joys of being Human

No comments: