Sunday, March 21, 2010

Title

Couldn't think of a smart title this time, sorry.

this post is merely an update i guess.

Well the year started, i resolved to fast once a week and quickly forgot all about that once my busy routine of work, study and church got into full swing.

I was filled with. Joy. taking part in our new years event at church. what a blessing it was, what a great event it was. and now presently as we go forward in applying for council funding i seem busy with all this already having to have the application in by may 28th. in other words we need to have our budget done and dusted by that date.

Parachute was. Good. i feel for me that I'm a bit over the concert going art of my life. so in that sense i didn't enjoy it as much.

February came.
And went.

March began all the hecticness. not a word, but oh well.

Internship at church commenced, now on Friday's as it works better with youth.
Youth, that's right, I'm now leading the youth group with the youth coordinator so I'm involved in all the management level of things now, youth was a stress full kick off, dealing with a suicidal teenager before our first week had even started, along with the usual youth issues of boyfriends / girlfriends and all the complications this adds to the youth's friendships with each other.

Study has started now, and no more timely could it have been that we have covered biblical counselling. quite an intensive study, but so useful. now its all about the balance (when counselling non believers) displaying God's love and yet still giving good practical advice

Work, is well. its work.
Pretty much over it, too many little things getting me down about it, dishonesty, work etiquette, unreliability and so on. applied at 7 different places already.

on the verge of getting a new job is the hunt for a flat to stay at.

i feel that once i get a job, and place to stay, i will be moving into a new era in my life.

Spiritually. I've been.. quite still. I've concluded that i need to get out there and speak out more, i always talk about how important that is, i know all the scriptures but as James says "be doers of the word" so i need to take that word and apply it.

i also feel that the more i start to give God, the more that will allow him to give back into my life, with whatever he chooses to.

I must mention a moment i had recently.

I had this dawning of thought of simply abandoning all my involvement with the church, with anything christian. not for the motive of abandoning my faith but more so to sort it out. immediately i rebuked that thought, aware that the enemy was simply trying to get inside. i then realised, for so long i have been delaying things, evangelism, love and discipleship because I've been waiting till i get my own messed up life sorted. but it dawned upon me that I'll never be perfect, i expect far too much of myself and i need to walk in God's grace and love rather than placing expectations on myself that i cannot fulfill.

sigh...

over and out.

No comments: